Holistically Empowered Rebel Birthkeepers Academy of Learning (H.E.R.B.A.L.) is an online training created by two doulas/birthkeepers that support true autonomous pysiological birth. This means that the mother rules her birth and she has the last say.
What is the difference between a doula and a birthkeeper? Honestly, nothing should be different at all. Both are meant to support women in their choices and hold space for her emotionally and mentally. Unfortunately, modern society has changed the role of doulas to fit within a “scope” and warped their purpose. Some doula certification programs even teach their students that they cannot help provide informed consent or advocate for their clients at all.
The best parts of the program:
- You will be supported as an independent business owner to operate within your range of comfort. You choose how you are willing to do business.
- You have lifelong online access to the course material and all updates.
- You will have access to a very active Facebook group for all birthkeepers to ask questions or seek support.
- You will learn information from serving higher risk clients regarding biases on race, age, sexuality or personal identity.
- You will be able to learn how to support and doula through all aspects of motherhood including fertility doula, antenatal (during pregnancy) doula, birth doula, postpartum doula and bereavement doula.
- You will learn to support in various provider situation including mothers who choose obstetricians, midwives or choose to freebirth.
- You will learn about various emergencies that can come up so you can help support any mama who gets those diagnoses.
- You will have actual support and guidance on how to create your business itself and how to market in order to attract your ideal client.
- You will save money since the co-founders of H.E.R.B.A.L. worked hard to keep their training low cost just so they could radically change birth as much as possible.
- If you get the trio bundle, you will learn how to properly prepare placentas for your clients and how to support them as a peer lactation consultant! This is the bundle I choose and the one I highly suggest you pick. So much amazing information!!
Don’t just take my word for it. Check out these amazing reviews from other doulas that choose their program. When asked why they chose H.E.R.B.A.L. Training, this was their response:
I chose HERBAL and I would do so a million times over. Desirae and Taylor hold the same beliefs I do when it comes to physiological birth, the capabilities of women and have an amazing course. I feel like the HERBAL program gave me the confidence in myself as a woman and the confidence to help other mother’s find thiers. ❤️Harley
Herbal. Our views resonated. First thing that led me to look into them is they encourage physiological birth, unassisted birth etc. I love my natural minded folks and I can’t certify through people who don’t ‘allow’ their doulas to advocate directly to providers and attend unassisted births. I recommend herbal to everyone I know. 💕Bryce
I’m also training with HERBAL and I love their program as well. I enjoy that it’s self paced and that it’s full of information. I love the founders and who they represent. I love the community of doulas as well. I love their holistic approach and how they trust the birthing person’s intuition to birth. I love they support us supporting us UA births and I love they guide us with evidence based information and they don’t take fear mongering approaches.
- Birthkeeper/Doula Training
- Placenta Specialist
- Lactation Consultant
- Freebirth Course (for birthing moms)
Click here to get forwarded to their courses page.